Need assistance? Call 888-707-5814
Contaminated endoscopes lead the list of medical devices linked to healthcare-associated infections, and ECRI Institute named them the top technology hazard for 2016. The increase in the number of infections linked to contaminated retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) duodenoscopes in recent years has prompted several organizations to issue new recommendations and guidance for reprocessing of exible endoscopes.
This special report will provide a snapshot of recent events that have led to new recommendations related to this significant clinical issue. You'll be able to use it as a handy reference to help ensure that best practices are being followed at your facility.
The table of contents includes:
- Updated Reprocessing Guidelines Issues to Curb Endoscope Contamination
- Onus on OR Managers to Scope Out Competency of Endoscopy Staff
- Scope Storage: Don't Get Hund Up on a Number
- Duodenoscopes and CRE - Reducing the Risks
- Infection Control Noncompliance Cited in High Percentage of Joint Commission Surveys
- Infections Spur New Guidelines for Endoscope Reprocessing
- Dirty Endoscopes Top 2016 Technology Hazards List
Format: Downloadable PDF
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
You have no items in your shopping cart.