In today’s cash constrained environment, how do you manage growth when your hospital may be reducing beds and staff is limited? What are some creative ways to improve operations, reduce costs and increase profit margins?
As the most profitable department, minimizing cost and optimizing outcomes of the OR are of primary importance. These finance sessions from OR Business Management Conference 2023 can help you find new ways to improve operations, reduce costs and increase profit margins.
Pre-Conference Workshop: Financial Management — Understanding Critical Concepts for Success Workshop included with Premier and All-Access passes.
• Learn effective financial management practices.
• Learn factors that affect the budget process.
• Show how you are profitable by applying sound financial management skills.
Brandon Bennett, DNP, APRN, CNOR, CNS-CP, CSSM, CNAMB, NE-BC
Facilitated Healthcare Transformations
No Margin, No Mission: Successful Evaluation of New Services and Products for Profitability
• Identify components necessary to calculate a return on investment for a new service or product line in the perioperative setting.
• Articulate how providing quality care and creating cost avoidance can be demonstrated in a business case for patient safety.
• Identify quality metrics that can improve patient care and the financial health of the organization.
Pamela Hunt, BS, MSN, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN
Executive Advisory, Consultant and Associate Faculty – Kelly School of Business, Indiana University