Opening Keynote: Cultivating an Agile Workforce in a Time of Disruption
Speaker: Kelvin McCree, Chief Learning Officer, Laser Focus Leadership Solutions
As a leader you need skills to motivate your team and move your department forward. You may be grappling with ways to deal with the ongoing staffing crisis impacting your OR. What can you do to improve your management skills to build a loyal and resilient team? Attend this opening keynote session to boost your leadership skills, communicate your vision and build a culture of trust.
• Describe where you and your team are on the change curve.
• Discuss ways to achieve employee satisfaction on different organizational levels.
• Describe how to increase staff engagement through cultural competency.
Trends in the OR — What’s Driving Profitability?
• Surgical service line growth
• Reimbursement for surgery and for payors
• Capitalizing on outpatient surgeries
• Joint venture partnerships
• Purchasing and contract negotiations
• Changing regulations and opportunities in the market
• Incentive-based models
• Leadership and staffing
• Cindy Cannon, MBA, Executive Director, Finance, Massachusetts General Hospital
• Stuart Downs, DNP, RN, NEA-BC, CENP, CPHQ, FACHE, FAONL, Nursing Administrator, Northside Hospital
• Dr. Jessica Gruendler, Sr. Director of Nursing, Perioperative Services, Dignity Health
Moderator: Tarsilla Moura, Senior Editor, OR Manager
Lessons from the Field: Preparing for the Next Supply Chain Disruption
• Learn how to proactively prepare for a supply chain crisis.
• Develop a checklist for vetting non-traditional suppliers.
• Identify the warning signs to look for in supplier’s claims.
Take-home tool: A checklist tool for vetting non-traditional suppliers, including the warning signs to look for with vendor claims and actions that can be taken to help managers navigate supply chain disruptions.
Speaker: Andrew Martin, MSN, RN, CPHRM, Patient Safety Analyst/Consultant, ECRI Institute