Challenging Your Traditional Block – Facilitating Discussions to Improve OR Efficiency
• Create a communications strategy to set your surgeons up for success.
• Develop a strategy to improve service line allocation and increase OR utilization.
• Discuss strategies for sharing the analysis.
• Learn how to analyze the data and communicate it with your team.
Take-home tool: Excel spreadsheet template to help facilitate block discussions
Speaker: Chris Hunt, Associate Vice President, Perioperative Services, MultiCare Health System
Regulatory Readiness – Are You Prepared for Your Next Regulatory Visit?
• Explain the 10 key areas causing issues with quality and safety.
• Learn the key hot spots surveyors will focus on.
• Draft a plan to prepare for an audit.
Speaker: Kimberly Merritt, President and Principal Consultant, Merrittorious Services
Getting Your Surgical Preference Cards Right
• Learn the processes to effectively managing your preference cards.
• Understand the cost benefit analysis by simplifying your preference card system.
• Develop tools to effectively standardize your preference cards.
Take-home tool: Preference card maintenance and cleanup project plan. A checklist to evaluate preference card complexities and steps to take towards simplification and effective standardization.
Speaker: Megan Eubanks, MBA, Senior Director of Business Operations, Perioperative and Procedural Services, The University of Kansas Hospital