This track is designed for OR managers who are looking to expand their knowledge on the financial and performance side of the OR. Discover how to make the right decisions to invest in new technology, capitalize on data, optimize staffing capacity and achieve peak performance. This track encompasses business acumen tools and real-world case studies to help you maximize efficiencies and increase profitability of your OR. The package includes 7 sessions and an opportunity to earn 7 contact hours upon completion of a posttest.
Profitability in the OR – Benchmark Your OR’s Performance
How do you maintain profitability when costs are increasing, reimbursement is stagnant, and surgery contribution margins are decreasing? Attend this session to understand how to analyze profitability, maximize service lines and report your OR’s performance.
- Review processes that drive actionable change in contribution margin.
- Understand key partnerships for process improvement.
- Present data driven results to your OR governance committee and hospital leadership.
Drive Operational Improvements with Data-Driven Decisions, Sponsored by: LeanTaaS
For most hospitals, operating rooms are one of the most expensive and challenging resources to manage. Surgeons complain about not being able to schedule cases, yet ORs sit idle throughout the day. As a result, surgical services leaders face mounting pressure to make expensive decisions such as building new ORs, adding additional care teams, or having difficult conversations with surgeons about block time – particularly when surgeons have the option to take cases elsewhere.
Join Children’s Hospital & Medical Center (Omaha)’s Director of Surgical Services and Manager of Business Operations to hear how access to accurate, timely, and transparent data that incorporates predictive and prescriptive analytics unlocked OR capacity and increased access to valuable OR time, bridged historical gaps in communication with surgeons, and ameliorated decision making. Additionally, you will learn how making a smart, strategic investment in technology can leverage EHR data to not only deliver results but also deliver a quick and measurable ROI.
- Explain why, even after a significant EHR investment, hospitals still need to invest in data management systems and “easy-to-use” solutions.
- Describe the benefits of adopting a culture of data transparency and open communication in perioperative analytics.
- Analyze how Children’s Hospital Surgical Services effectively collaborates across teams and disciplines.
How to Rapidly Boost Your OR Utilization and Re-energize Staff, Sponsored by: Qventus
Manual OR processes and first-generation analytics tools frequently prevent hospitals from achieving OR revenue and utilization goals. Innovations in automation, behavioral science, and comprehensive real-world data are being embraced by leading health systems to transform how healthcare is provided to their patients, especially with their surgical programs. In this session, learn how a major health system has rapidly transformed its OR scheduling processes with AI-based automation software. By providing their teams with these innovative tools, they have reduced workload while simultaneously increasing utilization and surgical case volumes, despite staffing challenges
- Learn how to improve OR staffing predictability through the use of AI-based automation software.
- Discover how you can grow robotic cases by 30-50% leading to increased OR efficiency.
- Learn how you can reduce manual work leading to increased staff satisfaction.
The New Technology that Empowers Front Line Staff to Achieve Hospital-Wide Peak Performance, sponsored by: Healthcare Control Systems, Inc.
Hospitals start each day with solid schedules and expert staff trained in best practices. Unfortunately, within the first 15 minutes of each day, dozens of operational disruptions leave physicians and staff uninformed and confused. The root cause of this confusion lies in the disconnect between great plans and practices and the needs of dozens of departments and hundreds of stakeholders to have minute-by-minute situational awareness, guidance, and coordination. In this session, we will explore the extraordinary potential of deploying the novel concept of a Minute-by-minute Coordination System (MCS) that improves execution of disparate workflows across an entire medical center. Such systems are loved by clinicians, administrators, and IT because they require virtually no training and they do not change any current practices or IT systems.
Hear directly from a hospital administrator how a Minute-by-minute Coordination System benefited their medical center and instilled a culture of accountability. In addition, hear how the MCS enabled a medical center to continue to perform surgeries after a ransomware attack forced the cancellation of all surgeries in affiliated hospitals for over ten days.
- Understand the historical evolution of Minute-by-minute Coordination Systems that transformed the manufacturing and transportation industries in the U.S. and are now transforming hospital operations.
- Discover the key attributes of these systems that drive significant improvements in productivity, patient safety, and patient and staff satisfaction.
- Learn how to champion the deployment of a MCS within your hospital, building the business case and securing the support required.
When is 60% OR Utilization Better Than 80%? Sponsored by: Copient Health
Attend this session to understand key financial metrics to evaluate block management strategies.
- Define key financial metrics for the OR.
- Understand the financial impact of various block allocation and management strategies.
- Compare tools for block-related financial analysis.
Making the Most of Your Hybrid OR
Demand for hybrid ORs across the nation is on the rise. The opportunity to save time and money, coupled with the prospect of developing a more efficient profit model, make the development of a hybrid OR attractive for any facility.
- Learn how to train staff on new equipment and integrate robots working alongside humans.
- Understand how contracting services and preventative maintenance providers can reduce your hybrid OR downtime.
- Discover the tools available to ensure quality and safety while optimizing your hybrid OR suite.
Cyber Attacks are Real – Are You Ready?
Communication across the healthcare continuum has been enhanced through the use of technology. Many platforms exist to provide data that is convenient and accessible to many users simultaneously. Convenience may come at a cost when computer systems are becoming more vulnerable to cyber-attacks. When that continuum is disrupted, how do you cope operationally with lost data? What strategies can you implement to keep your operations afloat during the crisis? Hear a real-word scenario on lessons learned and how to develop a strategy in the event your EMR goes down for an extended period of time.
- Develop a business continuity plan in the event your EMR goes down.
- Outline the immediate steps to take to keep operations running.
- Learn how to cope operationally when you have lost data.
To learn more about the sessions, visit: 2023.ORManagerConference.com/conference